10 Aug 2010

jquery & addthis Issues Resolved In Firefox 3.6 & Above

I recently revamped my blog Facing The Mountain using the Diadema template which is converted for Blogger from Wordpress and I'm really happy with it.

I did experience some problems however when viewing the blog in Firefox 3.6 and above.

The first issue was that Firefox would 'hang' refusing to load and leaving me with a blank page. In the bottom left I would note the following: "waiting for code.jquery.com" A search on the web yielded little but eventually I came across this link: jQuery Library Performance Alert So I replaced this bit of code: "jquery-latest.js" with this: "http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1/jquery.js" and Hey Presto the hanging problem was resolved.

Or so I thought...

In fairness the 'waiting for jquery' was resolved but now I had another 'hanging' issue as Firefox was now playing up with this: "waiting for s7.addthis.com". Again I searched the web but found little of help so revisited the html of the template and came across this line of code: "

No comments: